Tuesday, June 12, 2007

too fat le...

my PES status is B/P. means i can do most vocations but need to go for 15 week BMT to slim down. haiz. all these years of skipping pe and junk food finally caught up..

had breakfast at my house there the kopitiam and then took 2 trains down to redhill to meet up with ronald and shawn. ronald had a friend with him though. :) we then took bus 145 for 6 stops and alighted. CMPB is not the only building. still got the defence towers 1 & 2 where i think DSTA and DSO National Labs are housed. DSTA and DSO are the 2 home-grown defence research agencies.

had to walk all the way to the main gate to sign in. then shawn and ronald had to lock their phones in the locker as cannot bring camera or cam phones inside. my kodak also went into a locker. except for the sentry in FBO with the SAR-21 rifle, the place would look like any other office building and business estate.

have to walk abit in to reach the CMPB building. so after registering, first stop was photo taking. need to wear the army no 3 to take photo. quite strict. no coloured hair, forehead cannot have hair touching, cannot see the shirt beneath it blah blah blah.

den proceed to medical center for reg. first was hearing test. had to go into a sound-proof booth and wear headphones. then they will play very low sounds into each ear. when hear raise hand. my hearing is pes A. after that go eye test. also pes A. then went to the lab where they did the urine test and drew blood.

had to take a container and test stick and go toilet to pee into the container and dip the stick into the pee. then had to show the medic the stick. after which i had to sit down and wait. soon after the medic called me and asked me if i had any allergy. i say got then he give me a letter to give to platoon sergeant when i enlist in NS. so have to wait and wait to draw blood.

the medic could not find my vein as my arm quite fat. so he took a long time. finally poke in but no blood. -.- den push the needle in some more then got blood come out. by then there was a damn long queue at the lab. cos all the other stations process fast. all jam at lab there. got >20 guys.

the dentist was the next stop. got a pretty doc and one army guy. the moment i laid down on the bed and open my mouth, the doc started rattling in the stuff she saw. damn fast. before i had a good position i'm done le. same for chest x-ray. damn fast also.

after that did went for ECG where have to take out shirt, shoes and socks and walk around. den measure height/weight and blood pressure. my BMI is 31+. finally went to see the MO. there, had to show him my *ahem. then he ask got any allergy and things need to declare blah blah blah. and he sent me off with a good luck and a PES B/P status. -.- all the docs i've seen are captains.. funny.

anyway went to the last station and had to wait some. saw ronnie there. then went in to do the aptitude test. the programme is like damn old one. those programmes running off the IBM coms 10 yrs ago one. but they very brutal one. give you like 35 qns must answer in 15 mins. even if you not done, they move on. got questions on number sequence, maths, physics, shapes and orientation, memorize number etc etc. the more i do, the more sian i get.

finally finish all tests and i got a recruit book as a farewell gift.. haiz.


solid right?

after leaving CMPB, we went to mac for lunch. then walked back to red hill to take train to city hall to buy my camera stuff. ronald and his friend wanted to watch Ocean's 13. me and shawn din want. so we split. @#$!@%#!@#%!% he was supposed to go with me la! ditch me over his friend... @#!^$#%$@!!&*!%@^!$

so i bought a new bag for my camera at Pennisula Plaza.


my first Crumpler. haha. look and look for a very long time and finally settled on this cos its big enough for my camera stuff and i feel its solid enough to withstand some knocks here and there. cost my $36. can put my camera, 6 AA spare batteries and 2 SD memory cards in the bag. :)


the board that came with it. for quality assurance i guess.


picked the brown one as got no black and i felt the rest of the colours sucked.


cute logo.. but damn expensive.


the model..

then i bought a screen protector for the LCD, lens cleaning kit and tripod case for my SLIK tripod. i had emailed Cathy Photo for a price quote and i brought the email down. sure enough, i got a discount on all the items. :)


screen protector..


cleaning kit...


tripod case.. before, when i brought my tripod out, i had to hang it on my bag. now no need le. :)


No comments: