Sunday, June 17, 2007

praying mantis

was walking to the rubbish chute to throw my rubbish when i saw the praying mantis on the parapet. at first, i thought is some toy people put there one. den i took a closer look and saw that its real!! my god! den i faster run into the house and take camera and shoot.


taken from quite far away.. abt half a meter. looks very aggressive. like gonna pounce on me lidat.


den it turn its head and look at me. no matter where i shoot, it turn and look at me.


see wad i mean?


its seriously scary....


front view. if i were some insect, i also wouldn't want to mess with it...


can see the wings? clearly. folded back.

before i posted these photos, i went back out to see if it was still there. it was! had wanted to bring my tripod out. cos the camera put on tripod more stable. but i still scared the mantis pounce on me. :P wad if it scratch my camera lens? so i dun dare..

No comments: